Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Why are folks-including me-so afraid of mice?

Why are people-me including me-afraid of tiny, beady-eyed, squeaky, furry, cheese munching mice? We're about a hundred times bigger than they are. Yet we run like we are being shot at.They are more likely to run than hurt us. Yet we jump into a chair at first sight of them I'm just wondering. Thanks..Why are folks-including me-so afraid of mice?
They're faster than us.





They are more inclined to try to bite or eat us.





They eat anything.





Must I go on?Why are folks-including me-so afraid of mice?
I agree, they can carry diseases and can be a sign of poverty or filth. Though realistically, I know they can infiltrate nice, clean houses. They are more likely to be a problem for people who live in rural areas.





They could also run up inside your pants leg and maybe that's why we jump up onto a chair!
i think its eithor an instinct becuase mice carry diseases so in the old times when you saw a mouse it meant you might die. this is very similar to why people fear the dark, because when we were just barely humans the dark meant danger and possibly death.





another theory is that its a sign of poverty and it just makes people uncomfortable. one argument against this is ';stray cats are sings of poverty as well but your not scared of them are you?'; but honestly, i would be terrified if there was a stray cat running around my house, wouldn't you?
im only afraid of them when i see them in places i dont expect. like the bathroom at my familys cabin in minnesota. id seen them in every other part of the cabin except the bathroom, so when there was one scurrying past my foot while i was in there, it freaked me out.





any other situation though ive been fine with mice
  • myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment