Wednesday, February 10, 2010

HELP!! my cat just brought in two tiny baby mice, only a day or so old. how should i try to look after it??

i think one's not gunna last due to an injury sustained from the cat, but i'm not sure about the other.. they're just so young.. and i can just leave them.. please someone help! it's about 1:5 at night here.. so i cant go to the shops.. is there any way of trying to feed them at home?HELP!! my cat just brought in two tiny baby mice, only a day or so old. how should i try to look after it??
I once bought a baby mouse at a pet store (it was in a snake cage as snake food) it didn't even have its little eyes open! So I took it home and kept it in a little box and made it eat mice.hamster pellets soaked in water to make it mushy (I did this many times a day, I even brought her to school with me). I did the same thing with water. Make sure you keep it warm but not to warm (keep warm towels in a box with it or a hotwater bottle underneath the box). Everbody told me it wouldn't live and I should just flush it!!! But it took a bunch of weeks and she opened her eyes and ended up living a long long life!! I named her Penelope, she was bright white with dark eyes!HELP!! my cat just brought in two tiny baby mice, only a day or so old. how should i try to look after it??
Sounds like the mother mouse took the babies out of the nest because there was something wrong with the babies or it was her first time giving birth and she was confused. Believe me a mouse in it's right mind of thinking won't have their babies where they are in danger. They will go in little holes like in walls and / or small places.
Even though they probably won't make it you can try putting them in like a box or something with toilet paper for them to make a nest or lay them down on it. Put some food in there like veggies or fruits and a little bowl for water or a water bottle for pets if you have one.
The cat brought the baby mice home to you.....how sad. They probably won't make it. Just keep them warm and safe and let nature take it's course.
No, they will die anyway, and let's face it mice do an awful lot of damage and by letting them die peacefully you will be doing us all a big favor.
  • myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment