Friday, February 12, 2010

Do cats that have been neutered turn in to hunters and leave mice on your door step more than not neutered cat

seems out of my friends that the cats that have been done bring home more dead gifts than the ones that havent do u think they are bord and turn to hunting?Do cats that have been neutered turn in to hunters and leave mice on your door step more than not neutered cat
That's a cats way of thanking you. They think of you like a King so they bring you gifts. I've actually had cats leave ';presents'; on my bed!!!!! All cats usually do it from time to time, whether they are male/female, fixed or not. Just say thanks and throw it out. Don't punish him for it though. He thinks of it as a good gesture.Do cats that have been neutered turn in to hunters and leave mice on your door step more than not neutered cat
Fun fact. Non-sexual cats are more apt to be beta personalities... meaning that they will accept a leader more readily and show it with gifts of mice. However, LOTS of cats do this, not just fixed ones... My cats prefer to give me gifts of wood voles (yuck). And one female occasionally leaves baby mice still alive in my kids' shoes. I figure she thinks I'm neglecting their hunting training.
It has nothing to do with your cat being nueterd, but it has to do with him honoring you. Since he loves you he brings gifts!!!!!
all cats hunt fixed or not...he's not bored he's just not searching for a female anymore and his instinctes tell him ti hunt
I was always told that cats bring you dead gifts because they love you, it is a sign of affection.
We have 2 neutered male cats that bring birds in the house. I have never had a non-neutered cat, so I can't make any comparisons. Although, one of our males brings in birds about 10:1 over the other one.
cats are natural hunters.It doesnt matter if they are spayed/neutered, its there natural instinct to hunt,


I have a spayed female and she is always leaving me presents - I woke up one morning with a present on top of me and she was right beside it. Dont punish the cat for this - this is there way of contributing. Good Kitty - oh look what you brought me,and dispose of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment